Huwebes, Agosto 4, 2011

"Loving Enemies"

One of my friends, Kennedy, used to tell me. “Love your enemies and pray for your persecutors,” I sometimes think that my friend taken leave of his senses. How in the world can you love someone who make you embarrassed in the crowd of people, criticize and make fun in what you are doing? How can you pray for someone who keeps on backbiting you or has inflicted a terrible injustice on you in school? But this is precisely what my friend teaching me. I just remember my first year life.

It was my first day in school. I look weird because of my eyeglasses and I bring lot of books to read. When I was walking along the aisle someone bump me and obviously my books fall. The bad part is the one who used to bump me just laugh and said that “You’re clumsy” he just continue walking with his friend. I said to myself “he even does not think to help me in getting the books” I’m in bad mood that day and I will not forget that guy who has no manners. When I enter the classroom I saw the guy who lately bump me and don’t even help me. Some of the girls are screaming when they saw that guy. “Gosh! I’m so lucky that I’m one of the classmates of Ethan” the girls scream. I heard that Ethan is popular because of being good looking, intelligent and gentlemen. “What gentlemen? I asked Kennedy. “Yeah, his gentlemen Alice” Kennedy answered. “How can he be gentlemen when he just laugh at me and don’t even think to help me get the books” I exclaimed. I do not know that Ethan is listening. “Excuse me, I chose the person who I want to help” Ethan explains. “So what, I’m not asking you” I answered. “I’m just explaining myself; you know I don’t want people who are weird like you,” he added.” And I don’t care, I’m not asking your suggestion” I said to him. “Ok, I’m just telling you so that you will not be embarrassed” Ethan said. I just walk out and go to the comfort room. Kennedy follows me in the comfort room. “Alice, are you ok? Kennedy asked me. “Yes I am.” I answer her in teary eyes. “It’s ok Alice, I know Ethan is just kidding” she said. I just laugh and go back to the classroom. And as the days past, Ethan continue to tease me, he makes me embarrassed with many people, he criticize and make fun in what I am doing, and keeps on backbiting me.

One day my classmate Jordan is teasing Jasper that he is gay. At first Jasper didn’t entertain what they are saying but a few minutes he lost his patience, when I walk in front of Jordan. Jasper accidentally punches me in my hands he cries and he taught that it was Jasper. It was very painful in part of me, it was my first time that somebody will punch me so I cry and I don’t know what I am saying to Jasper because I felt angry. My friends went to me and check if I’m ok. Somebody just shout and said that “you know Alice; you’re over acting it is not nice to see” Ethan shouted. “You just say that Ethan because you’re not the one who feel the pain Alice felt now” Kennedy exclaimed. “Punch by somebody is painful especially because Alice is a girl” Kennedy added. They just give me some ice because it turns to violet. “Are you okay?” Jasper asked. “A little bit” I answered. He asked apology for what he does.

After the accident, we have seminars in our values “My dear friends like what God said in Luke 6:27-29.Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse…” the Pastor preach. “All terribly hard to swallow” I said in my mind. “Say sorry to your enemies before the day you will regret” the Pastor added. Then I stare at Ethan, he simply smile I snob at him. “You should be humble today Alice. Say sorry to Ethan” Kennedy whisper. Jasper went to me. “Alice I’m sorry for what I does lately” Jasper apologize. “It’s okay, it’s an accident” I forgive him. After the seminar we have our break. Somebody grabbed my hand. “Alice, I’m sorry” he said. When I turn my head it’s Ethan. “Miracle, you asked an apology” I laughed. “I’m sorry for what I’m doing to you and for what I said” he said. I was shock, my enemy is asking sorry. “It’s also my fault, yeah your right I’m just over acting lately, I’m sorry also” I said to him. “So are we okay now?” he asked. I said “Maybe”. “Can you be my friend” he asked. “I will think about it” I kiddingly said. After how many months, Ethan becomes one of my best friends and my fancy crush. When I know him more I believe in saying that “The more you hate, the more you love”

Some say that forgiveness does not come easily or naturally. It’s easy to profess that we love mankind, but it’s difficult to love an “unlovable person in concrete. It’s as if saying “I love humanity, its people I can’t stand”


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento